(updated 11th November 2020)
NHS COVID-19 APP
Healthwatch Sandwell Annual Report 2019-20
We must do all we can to combat health inequalities
Following the events in the US and news here about the disproportionate impact COVID-19 has had on people from Black, Asian, and Ethnic Minority communities, our National Director, Imelda Redmond said:
“We stand in solidarity with people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities we serve. Recent events must make us all stop, question ourselves and ask what we can all do better.
“What can we do to stand up against racism? How can we help society understand the reasons why people from Black and Asian communities have been so disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 outbreak? What more can we do to ensure equality and celebrate diversity?
“Local Healthwatch services have done much to champion the voices of those who are often overlooked or go unheard, but we must do more to help change the ways things are done.
“In our work to help communities recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to all listen to the stories of those affected, make sure that everyone’s voices matter and that lessons are learned.
“If you have had an experience of health and care support, whether good or bad, that services could learn from, I appeal to you come forward, talk to your local Healthwatch and have your say”.
Together we can play our part in tackling health inequality and creating a fairer society for all.
How can I share my experience?
We are calling out for people from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic backgrounds to share their healthcare experiences during COVID-19, to help services learn and improve.
This is the link to the HWE survey that allows people to select their local HW Area.
How can I tell you about my experience?
Healthwatch Sandwell support for Volunteering
Staff at Healthwatch Sandwell are being actively encouraged to support our local community by offering their time to volunteer during the Covid-19 crisis.
We recognise that we cannot do all the functions we usually deliver so we are now looking at how we can support our local communities in a coordinated
approach through volunteering. All staff will be able to volunteer their time, during usual working hours, to support the response to the Coronavirus through these
four main channels; either supporting the local authority volunteering efforts, local Community and Voluntary Sector Councils who are co-ordinating service responses in many areas, the NHS volunteer service, or Covid-mutual aid.
Healthwatch Sandwell Update
Healthwatch Sandwell staff are currently following guidance and operating from home locations. The Healthwatch Sandwell service will continue to be provided however our contact details have changed.
Contact our staff members as follows:
- Alexia Farmer – Manager – email firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel: 07885 214389
- Anita Andrews – Engagement & Information Lead – email email@example.com – Tel: 07885 214421
- Ian McGarry – Engagement & Information Lead – email firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel: 07885 214392
- Melissa Elders – Community Outreach Lead – email email@example.com – Tel: 07885 214547
- Sophie Shuttlewood – Community Outreach Lead – email firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel: 07732 683483
To contact us, use the messaging facility on our website HERE
email us at email@example.com
Useful Web Links
|Sandwell & West Birmingham |
|Sandwell & West Birmingham |
|Back Country Partnership NHS |
|West Midlands Ambulance|
Your views matter
Your local Healthwatch needs to hear from you about what it should do to make care better for your community.
Share your views and help make care better.
Our ways of working and values statement
Our work will be informed by our values
- We will maintain a positive and forward-looking focus to get things done
- We will be open, transparent and listen
- We will value evidence, knowledge and experience
- We will acknowledge, celebrate and share good practise
- We will respect each other and work together to achieve the highest standards
- We will remain independent but collaborate where possible