What is Dementia?
5 Things To Know About Dementia
- It not a natural part of aging
- Dementia is cause by a disease of the brain
- It’s not just about losing you memory
- People with dementia can still live well
- Alzheimer Society will help anyone affected by dementia
Contact Alzheimer’s Society on:
- Dementia Connect support line on 0333 150 3456 if you’d like to talk to someone for information, support or advice.
- Sign up to Talking Point, our online community for anyone affected by dementia. Unite, share experiences and get support 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Find services local to you for people affected by dementia.
- Find out more about our specialist dementia training and consultancy services.
Alzheimer’s Society has temporarily replaced face-to-face and group services with more online and telephone support, and new versions of some services. Our CEO, Kate Lee, has shared further changes to some programmes.
Please note, there might be an adjustment is services offered due to the pandemic.
Depending on the area where you live, they can offer the following options to carers of people living with dementia, those they care for and their families –
- Sandwell Dementia Care Navigators (Sandwell)
- Training (Birmingham)
- Dementia Support Groups (Birmingham)
For more information on any of the above options, please call 0121 553 6483.