Just in case you do have a spare 10 mins SafeLives would appreciate your participation in our Safe at Home survey
What is Safe At Home?
Safe At Home is our answer to the many challenges Covid-19 poses both to us a sector but most importantly to people currently living in abusive situations or may be about to find themselves in one. It’s a project that will aim to:
- Supporting families who are being asked to self-isolate but who are not safe at home
- We are looking after the health and morale of staff and volunteers. Particularly recognising the impact on services with small staff teams.
- We sustain funding for frontline provision and work with funders to set out what the sector needs during this period
So what that currently looks like is giving resources to those who need them most, as well as influencing the government to take on the expertise we’ve gathered from practitioners and survivors. What we’ve done so far:
- TWO surveys – one for practitioners closes midday 27th March
- Please Share our practitioner survey – the deadline for this is the 27th March midday. It shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes to do so.
- And one for survivors
Please Share our survivor survey with people living in abusive situations at the moment if it is safe to do so. Their responses will be completely anonymous.
- We are part of a weekly call with 30 other VAWG organisations to coordinate a response, share best practice and agree priorities.
- Communicating with the HO and MHCLG about our priorities and what needs to happen now in order to support victims and survivors
- We’ve set up a webpage bursting with resources for survivors and practitioners
- Developed guidance for multi agency forums (including Maracs) during Covid-19
- Part of a joint sector statement
- Jo S, our resident podcast host, has been creating podcasts with critical voices. Listen to her first one with Rachel Williams here. (Recommend listening on your daily state sanctioned walk!)
What we would love you to do in order to have as much reach as possible:
- Get involved! Retweet our tweets, share our posts, etc etc.