From 15th June – 21st June.
Men’s Health Forum state that Young or old, rich or poor, men are TWICE as likely to die of Covid-19 as their female counterparts. https://www.menshealthforum.org.uk/
Tips to keeping healthy
- Contact your doctor when you are ill. Men are less to go then women. Book in for a regular check up to find out your weight, blood pressure and cholesterol. If you are between 40 – 74 years old, you can get this done through Healthy Sandwell. Please note, there may be changes to the service due to COVID 19.
- Eat a balanced diet, reducing salt, sugar and fats. See Change4Life for recipe ideas.
- Keep active. See NHS Move More and Healthy Sandwell (#movemoreSandwell section) for tips on keeping fit.
- Maintain a healthy waist. If more than 40 inches it can lead to type 2 diabetes, strokes and heart disease.
- Reduce or stop unhealthy habits such as smoking and drinking.
- Stress, try to reduce your stress levels. For advice see Every Mind Matters.